“My No Cook 3-bean salad is an excellent dish to have as a snack, side or to pack and take to work. This is my go-to potluck contribution and everyone loves it!”
Busy, ambitious, and still find it important to be healthy and lean?
I recently held my Masala Cooking class in Manhattan. I got to meet so many of my beautiful readers from NY — doctors, management consultants, super moms, finance executives, and vice-presidents. The class was hosted by a good friend and hot NYC publicity strategist for experts, authors and coaches, Selena Soo.
We all cooked healthy recipes together, while sharing our desires and struggles to be healthy. We had so much in common since our schedules are incredibly demanding but we want to be healthy – and it was refreshing to talk with each other.
Today, I want to share my No Cook 3-Bean Salad recipe I showcased at the class.
Its a go-to recipe to bring to someones house for a party or holiday event.
One of my key tips to staying healthy during the holidays is to bring a dish thats tasty and healthy with you.
Then, you know you have at least one option that will keep your energy high and give you some control over the meal (and its delicious too!). Everyone loves this dish too, so plan on compliments!
No Cook 3-Bean Salad
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed
- 1 whole tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (optional, only if you prefer heat)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves gralic, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except spinach and dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing ingredients to a separate small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour over beans and mix. Add baby spinach and enjoy!