You may tell yourself to eat vegetables – you know you’re supposed to! They’re nutritious, low-calorie, and overall healthy. . . But you just can’t bring yourself to do it regularly. Vegetables can taste boring, hard, and feel like a lot of work to eat.
Today, I’m going to help solve this problem for you. How? By showing you how to make my mouth-watering, delicious, flavorful Masala Eggplant. The flavors burst in your mouth and you actually WANT to eat more of THESE vegetables! Using a spice blend that helps to burn fat, increase metabolism and suppress your appetite (Turmeric + Jalapeno + Coriander).
I had the wonderful opportunity to film a cooking video with my friend Adrienne Stortz of xoxo cooks. I visited her in Brooklyn and we cooked together on a gorgeous sunny NY afternoon. Check out our fun quick video and my easy recipe by clicking below!
Adrienne posts fun cooking videos every Saturday so check them out at xoxocooks.com (like Spicy Avocado Deviled Eggs and mouth-watering Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip cookies)! When you subscribe to her site, she’ll send you her FREE soup guide where she shares her secrets to making amazing soup out of the ingredients you already have at home.
Masala Eggplant Medley
Masala Eggplant Medley
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil (or cooking spray for less fat which I recommend)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 - 2 serranos or jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (more or less depending on desired amount of heat)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrot, or 1-2 large carrots, sliced into ½" rounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teasoon coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 large eggplant, chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds and roast until golden brown, about 15-20 seconds.
- Add onions, serranos or jalapenos and ginger and sauté until onions are a light brown, about 5-7 min. Add bell peppers and carrots and sauté for a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Add remaining spices, except garam masala, and mix until well blended. Add eggplant, mixing so all the spices evenly coat it. Cook uncovered until eggplant softens, about 10-15 min, stirring every few minutes. Cooking it uncovered will prevent it from becoming too mushy.
- Add garam masala and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.
Grab the ingredients ASAP and let me know how it tastes!